Thursday, June 4, 2009

Art in Words

I had the priveledge of attending a madatory trauma conference last Saturday.

There were some interesting presentations but when it's a lovely sunny day in western Montana it's hard to be satisfactorily appreciative. As I was sitting through a mildly interesting death-by-powerpoint lecture on various drugs, the doctor used the phrase "emotional incontinence" in relation to some agitation-control meds.

It was a very artistic descriptor in contrast to the dry content of the rest of the lecture. I thought it was a beautiful accidental poem.

Turns out it's an actual psychiatric diagnosis.

But I think it's a lovely label for so many selfish explosive personalities.

1 comment:

  1. I love the notion of this blog!
    I'm putting you on my blogroll.
    Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete