Sunday, August 30, 2009

More chimes

Went back to Lake Louise (Canada) last week. It had been 15 years for me. Felt completely over-whelmed by the mass amounts of people around the lake, though I'm sure if we would have planned a bit better and ventured more off the beaten path it would have been easier to breathe. That said, with my toddler in the pack, we hiked on the of the busiest hikes in the park up to the Plain of Six Glaciers and accompanying tea house.


It turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip. Amazing views! And everyone who made the hike was so exuberant that my irritation with the traffic turned to a sort of bizarre pseudo-wilderness camaraderie. And chiming tinnily on the deck of the Tea house were these hippie wind-chimes- sister chimes to those recyclables banging about under my own eaves. The prayer flag and balloon background begged for a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment