Monday, August 17, 2009

Outcome vs intent

I think perhaps the best thing about being a hobby-artist is recognizing that your skill is rather minimal so your intent is irrelevant. I am always surprised by the way things turn out because of the haphazard way that I paint... usually on the kitchen floor and over the course of several days.

I gave my babysitter her painting Friday after dinner.

She is planning on winning the lottery; minimum 75 mil -she doesn't even buy tickets for smaller jackpots. When she wins she will buy a bigger house and have only art that she or someone she knows makes. She tells me she will trash all her previous Target-brand decorations...so I told her this is for her new house. Even if it only makes gets a place in the laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment