Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The art of a great song

Last week I opted out of updating here because I was playing in beautiful Bishop, California; home of the most fantastic bouldering anywhere (in my humble opinion).

It is a BEAUTIFUL fall in Missoula despite the smoke. So out winterizing the yard I thought maybe I would share a song this week. I've been enjoying it all summer. The sort of song anyone can relate to. The caveat being if you have an extreme aversion to the word "fuck." Not that I am advocating it as the best means of self-expression but sometimes, no other word quite carries the simplistic intensity.

The original song by Jenny Owens Young, "Fuck was I," is fantastically written but I prefer the Morgan Page remix on his album Elevate. It makes a better run mix. The whole album is fantastic but this song in particular is my favorite. I am putting the link via YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6mLAj8wbdI

No comments:

Post a Comment