Friday, October 9, 2009

Pumpkin Carve

I have never been that into carving pumpkins. Haven't done it in years....In college I once caused a serious roommate rift by opting out of a pumpkin carving party (mainly because I was so poor I didn't want to buy a pumpkin). It just seemed like more work than it was worth.

But, I made an impulse buy at the Super One Foods in Stevensville after stopping for cheap pears, post trail run.

Two large pumpkins.

In honesty, the purchase was largely motivated by the desire to watch my 3 year-old scoop out the pumpkin guts.

Called up friends that I knew would make it even more fun, and spent the evening laughing.





Turns out I bought the toughest skinned pumpkin known to man. We literally needed the sawzall...

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin carving with children is one of life's (messiest) joys! Love that last photo.

    ReplyDelete